In over 20 years of activity, Optoi has accumulated a considerable know-how in the field of front end and back end microelectronic production technologies. Such in-depth know-how allows for the offering of a wide array of solutions capable of meeting the most diverse needs in terms of product.
FRONT END – SILICON WAFER PRODUCTION
Thanks to the many collaborations with major Italian and international private firms working in the sector (fab line), Optoi is capable of developing the planar, MEMS and CMOS technologies required for manufacturing microelectronic silicon sensors and SMART microsystems tailored to the client’s functional specifications. In particular, at the research laboratories of the FBK Institute of Trento, just a few kilometres from the headquarters, a production line for the microfabrication of 6” (150 mm) silicon wafers is now operating, run by a qualified staff of researchers and technicians capable of designing and producing a wide variety of microelectronic devices.
BACK END – MICROELECTRONIC PACKAGING
Optoi has twenty years of experience in microelectronic assembly technologies that require specific skills in the fields of material engineering, electromagnetic compatibility, radiofrequency and optics, preparation and treatment of silicon substrates, microelectronic assembly and final testing of the devices.
Optoi has proprietary state-of-the-art automatic microelectronic assembly lines in ISO6 (class 1000) cleanrooms, so as to guarantee the utmost quality of both its standard and custom products. All final products are 100%-tested. On demand, Optoi may also consider supplying microelectronic assembly services.+
Microelectronic automatic line packaging technologies:
- Wafer dicing and cleaning
- Die bonding
- Ultrasonic gold wire bonding
- Automated pressure/time and volumetric dispensing
- Hermetic projection welding
- Package/substrate level sawing
Main packaging solutions:
- Plastic SMD (Surface Mount Device)
- Metallic (TO-18, TO-46, TO-5, TO-8, etc.)
- Ceramic (CLCC, LTCC, etc.)
- COB (Chip On Board)
- CSP (Chip Scale Package)
- MCM (Multi Chip Module)
- Stack 3D (Module with 3D Stacked Multi Chip)
- Microsystems (for sensors and/or actuators and/or other integrated functions)
Key materials used:
- Semiconductors (wafers and dies: silicon, EPI, SOI, Gallium Arsenide, Germanium, etc.)
- Plastics (epoxy resins, silicone resins, polyurethane, UV)
- Metals (kovar, aluminum, steel, etc.)
- Ceramics (white alumina, glass, quartz, zirconia, black alumina, etc.)
- Composites (reinforced fibreglass, G200, FR4, Kapton, polyamide, Teflon, etc.).
SMT – ELECTRONIC PRODUCTION AND TESTING
Optoi has a SMT assembly line consisting of:
- Screen printer
- Pick and Place
- 4-zone reflow oven.
Optoi has the means to perform on its premises operations such as the assembly of pin-thru-hole components, cabling and mechanical assembly on specifically equipped benches using qualified personnel.
Optoi also boasts application know-how as regards the resin reinforcement phase, both in the choice of resin suited to the product to be produced and in the setting and optimisation of the production process.
All of the electronic products are 100%-tested for electric and functional performance on dedicated test benches specifically designed and manufactured for each specific device.
ENVIRONMENTAL SIMULATION TEST CHAMBERS
For tests in a 0 to 100% humidity range and -40°C to +180°C temperature range
TEST BENCH FOR ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY MEASUREMENTS
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD
- IEC 61000-4-4 EFT
- IEC 61000-4-5 Surge